Facilitated discussions (FD) and mediations provide a safe environment for individual parties to repair their interpersonal relationship, identify and discuss options and come to an agreement about how they can work together more effectively in the future.
- to resolve interpersonal workplace conflicts
- prior to more formal processes such as grievance investigations
- to repair relationships following workplace culture reviews and/or grievance investigations
A negotiated behaviour process can be conducted when parties in dispute are unable or unwilling to take steps to repair their interpersonal relationship and still have to work together.
- previous mediation or FD has not led to resolution
- FD/mediation is unsafe for one or both parties
- one or both parties declines to participate in mediation
- one or both parties lacks the capacity to resolve interpersonal issues
Restorative and conflict coaching can assist parties to understand the dynamics of conflict and their role in a workplace conflict and assist them to repair interpersonal relationships and develop new ways of communicating with colleagues.
- as part of or following other resolution services
- when one or both parties are struggling to move from blame to resolution
- when one or both parties are experiencing heightened emotions when discussing conflict
- leadership coaching
- as part of preparation for FD/mediation
Leadership Coaching is a collaborative process between a coach and a client which has the aim of enhancing
the client’s life experience, performance, wellbeing or development and their ability to make positive purposeful change.
- to help leaders lead
- to address problematic behaviours
- to identify and build on strengths to improve performance and wellbeing
- to assist clients to observe and manage the complexity of the systems they work in