Christa is a workplace investigator and coach with a background in leadership and the law.
She held the role of Assistant Crown Solicitor, Employment Law, at the NSW Crown Solicitor’s Office from 2006 to 2013, managing a team that provided legal services to the NSW Government. She has extensive experience in employment law, work health and safety and administrative law, which gives her an advantage in conducting complex workplace investigations. She has investigated allegations of bullying, discrimination, harassment, breach of confidentiality or privacy, fraud, misappropriation, corrupt conduct and conflict of interest.
Christa’s leadership experience and expertise adds value to her coaching and training projects. She has a Masters degree in Coaching Psychology from the University of Sydney and has coached individuals on leadership, career progression, project management and workplace issues. She has conducted a number of organisational culture reviews and is interested in the relationship between organisational culture, wellbeing and productivity in the workplace.
Her clients have included universities, colleges, associations, aged and health care, government agencies, local government, law firms and businesses.
Christa is an accredited mediator under the NMAS and is also a part-time Senior Member with the Civil and Administrative Tribunal, where she hears and determines matters relating to administrative law, licensing and professional conduct.
Christa writes and presents on topics relating to workplace issues, such as wellbeing at work, handling challenging workplace situations and colleagues, bullying and work health and safety.
Examples of Christa’s work include:
- Workplace culture assessment of two teams that were frequently in conflict, undertaken in conjunction with WEIR’s Managing Consultant.
- Investigation of complaints by an employee that was being bullied by his new manager.
- Investigation of complaints of inappropriate conduct by a senior male employee towards several young female employees in a small organisation.
- Coaching a lawyer on preparing for promotion and managing new responsibilities.
- Mediating a dispute between an employee and employer that resulted in the voluntary departure of the employee with a reasonable settlement.
- Conducting two workshops for senior executives in a public service agency, concerning ethical and transparent decision-making.
- Presenting to health sector executives on their work health and safety obligations.
- Creating, reviewing and refreshing workplace policies, such as codes of conduct, respectful workplace policy, performance management systems and unsatisfactory performance management policy and procedures.
Master of Science in Coaching Psychology
Master of Arts (Writing)
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Certifications and Memberships
Accredited Mediator under NMAS
Certificate IV in Investigation (Government)
Mental Health First Aid Certificate
Accredited in Facet 5 Personality Assessment
Accredited in MTQPlus (Mental Toughness) Questionnaire
Law Society of NSW
Practitioner Member, Resolution Institute
University of Sydney Coaching and Mentoring Alumni Chapter
Member, International Coaching Federation