Peter is an experienced workplace investigator who provides consultancy services that are designed to support operational and human resources excellence.
Peter has extensive management experience and skills developed over 28 years in both the operational and human resource domains of NSW government and the not-for-profit sector. This experience includes managing complex projects within tight time frames and competing interests. His work has involved managing clients with multiple needs, cross-jurisdictional work and working with Aboriginal and culturally diverse people.
Peter’s experience and training provides a platform for his undertakings in:
- Conducting workplace investigations;
- Mediating workplace conflict;
- Facilitated discussion processes that allow for more effective resolution outcomes and greater employer engagement;
- Organisational reviews; and
- Operational and human resource policy developments, implementations and reviews.
In addition to the above, Peter has vast experience in group facilitation, training and presentation of conference papers.
- Investigation of a dispute between senior executives of a large multinational company.
- Corruption investigation of a senior NSW Government executive. This investigation resulted in an ICAC finding of corruption.
- Misconduct investigation triggered by community complaints about a public servant’s inappropriate behaviour in meetings across rural NSW. Due to the sensitive nature of this investigation, the NSW Premier’s Office was involved in monitoring the investigation process and outcome.
- Bullying investigation related to a senior health professional’s treatment of a junior doctor during surgical procedures.
- Reportable incident investigations involving alleged mistreatment of persons with a disability.
- Investigation related to an anonymous complaint from a member of the public who alleged a supplier of services to a NSW Government agency was over charging for services supplied.
- Sexual harassment investigation within a hospital environment and staff from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Code of Conduct investigations related to alleged bullying behaviour by a Mayor towards the General Manager and other council staff.
Alternate dispute resolution examples
- Facilitated discussion involving three staff who had a workplace disagreement related to inappropriate comments.
- Facilitated discussion involving a dispute that arose between senior executives, which related to collaborative work practices and the distribution and management of workloads.
- Facilitated discussion involving a manager who was said to have made culturally insensitive remarks to an employee when giving recruitment feedback.
- Mediation of a dispute between two senior medical consultants related to the management of a patient.
- Mediation of a workplace dispute between indigenous staff in a remote rural location where staff supervision was minimal.
Workplace review examples
- Review of complaints made by clinicians about the management and implementation of a revised multi-disciplinary team service delivery model.
- Review of tender processes and quality assurance of the tender undertaken by a large not-for-profit organisation.
- Review of complaints made by a number of staff within an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders organisation.
- Development and delivery of a bespoke two-day training program for a NSW Government investigation unit.
Master of Public Administration
Diploma of Ministry
Certifications and Memberships
Cert IV Government Investigations
Cert III Investigations
CINERGY Conflict Coach
LEADR Practitioner Member
Member Australian Human Resource Institute
Member ANZSOG Alumni
Commercial & Private Inquiry Agents Licence
Looking for a workplace investigator in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra or Brisbane? Contact us for more information.