We have special expertise and years of experience in conducting investigations under regulatory schemes for the protection of children and the vulnerable, the aged, detection of corruption, investigation of whistleblower reports and public interest disclosures. This includes:
- whistleblower reports under Part 9.4AAA of the Corporations Act 2001
- for NDIS providers – investigating incidents under the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- for aged care providers – investigating incidents under the Aged Care
- Quality and Safety Commission Rules 2018
- integrity breaches and corrupt conduct reported to Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC), Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC), Crime and Corruption Commission or other corruption bodies
- investigations into reportable conduct concerning children or young persons – the NSW Reportable Conduct Scheme under the Children’s Guardian Act 2019, Victorian Reportable Conduct Scheme under the Child Wellbeing and Safety Act 2005, the ACT Ombudsman Reportable Conduct Scheme and others
- public interest disclosures made under legislation such as
- Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994 (NSW)
- Public Interest Disclosures Act 2013 (Cth)
- Public Interest Disclosures Act 2010 (Qld)
- Protected Disclosure Act 2012 (Vic)
PID/ Whistleblower complaints & investigations
WEIR has a specialised team handling whistleblower complaints and complaints made under public interest disclosure acts who are experienced in dealing with the sensitive and confidential legal requirements of such investigations. Our consultants are selected based on their relevant legal and government backgrounds and experience in investigating these complex matters. In addition to investigating whistleblower complaints, WEIR also provides a complaint reporting service click here to learn more.
Reportable Conduct and Reportable Incidents
Matters involving reportable conduct and reportable incidents can have serious legal ramifications if not handled correctly. Our team at WEIR have the skills and expertise to investigate these matters to the necessary regulatory standards, ensuring legal compliances are met. Upon completion, our investigators will provide recommendations on how to deal with the current situation and what, if any, preventive measures should be implemented to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained.
Legislative, policy or regulatory obligation investigations
Legislative, policy and regulatory obligations of the public sector are instrumental to maintaining ethical standards, value principles and standards of behaviour. Our investigators have in depth knowledge of these obligations and take careful consideration of all relevant legislative, policy or regulatory obligations when conducting investigations for the public sector.
Council Conduct Investigations
We are also eligible to assess and investigate Code of Conduct complaints against local council officials under the Model Code of Conduct for Local Councils and Procedures (NSW). Our consultants have experiencing in investigating matters such as:
- Council Code of Conduct preliminary assessments
- Council Code of Conduct Investigations
- Council employee investigations undertaken under clause 37 of the Award
- misconduct investigations involving allegations of corrupt conduct and breaches of relevant Codes of Conduct, including liaising where required with ICAC
- management and investigation of Public Interest Disclosure (PID) complaints and conduct alleged to be reprisal action against a PID complainant
We have been conducting work for Councils across Australia for over 7 years and are appointed to numerous council panels for such investigations.
We have a multidisciplinary team and easy access to external support such as computer forensics, forensic accounting, or handwriting analysis.
From the time you receive a report, allegation or complaint, we can assist you to:
- assess the matter
- determine the most appropriate process for managing it
- comply with any laws or reporting requirements
- investigate effectively and efficiently
- resolve matters which do not require investigation.
We offer investigation services nationwide with office locations on the east coast of Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Contact us to speak to a consultant.